Not Even GOD himself

Not Even GOD himself

Friday, May 9, 2008

Danny Brooks, Senior Vice President & CFO of Value Bank.

On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 10:42 AM, J Kenedeno <kenedeno@gmail.com> wrote:
Danny,

In response to your statement:
  • NOT a Board Member of ValueBank Texas
 
EXECUTIVE OFFICERS
 Harlan R. Heitkamp
 Chairman of the Board
 R. Scott Heitkamp
 President/CEO
 Sandi Black
 Executive Vice President
 Chief Operations Officer
 Kent Fry
 Executive Vice President
 Senior Lending Officer
 Danny Brooks
 Senior Vice President
 Chief Financial Officer
 Leslie Wendland
 Senior Vice President
 Business Development  Manager

         

 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
 Harlan R. Heitkamp
 Chairman of the Board
 Sam M. Armstrong 
 Investments/Real Estate
 Sandi Black
 Executive Vice President
 Chief Operations Officer
 James M. May, M.D. 
 Investment
 R. Scott Heitkamp 
 President/CEO
 Claude H. Lewis, D.O. 
 Real Estate/Investments

Yes, forgive me for introducing you as Danny Brooks, Board Member of Value Bank. Let me start over; Please welcome Danny Brooks, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer of Value Bank.

You state:
"I have not attended a Carroll H.S. athletic event, nor contributed a dollar since my daughter graduated in 2000, hardly qualifying as a "huge" Tiger anything.'

Why not tell Mr Heitkamp's daughter that, "You are not "huge" Tiger anything"?

  • You claim, "I have no interest in the controversy" yet you interjected postulates to the contrary:
    • To which side of the controversy does the following statement lean, "It seems to me that concerned parents should have some level of interest or concern, right or wrong, while letting the authorities make the decisions"

    • "That to me is not politics." 

    • "But when outside political special interest groups like LULAC & the GI Forum get involved, that's all about politics"

  • Which statements above convey to a reasonable person (that); the author "has no interest in the controversy"
  •  "Again, just an outsider's opinion, but you might consider rewording that "politics" statement."
    • I gotta call it like I see it Danny. that is just plain bullsh/t.

  • Let us revisit the statement, "But when outside political special interest groups like LULAC & the GI Forum get involved, that's all about politics"
Why did LULAC and the American G I Forum need to "get involved"?

And why did I write to you, "I believe an apology is in order."

A: Because a powerful political agenda was grinding up a little person who was in the way. The little person was perceived to be in the way of the installation of a young athlete not quite ready to be installed. But money & power cannot buy what has to be earned. That is why you should apologize.

Was there a whisper last year to bump her up to the varsity?

Did Van Matre pass it on or make it happen (and then vacate)?

Did Mr H meet with Mr Elliff with gestures of killing a CCISD bond election?

We already know Mr Elliff passes the hot potatoes to the Cervantes Group?

So who sent the A D?

Cervantes or Elliff?

Maybe, you are an outsider and have absolutely no idea what I write about herein; however, I find it highly unlikely given the circumstances.

Just an outsider's opinion eh? The coach of the Mary Carroll High School Lady Tiger Volleyball Team is being forced out for a reason and you claim to have no interest in the controversy" however, you make several inferences in stating, "I have not attended a Carroll H.S. athletic event, nor contributed a dollar since my daughter graduated in 2000, hardly qualifying as a "huge" Tiger anything."

Now we are getting somewhere and yes indeed, you do have a dog in this fight.

  1. You did support the Mary Carroll High School Tigers and their athletic program.
  2. You have attended Carroll H.S. athletic events
  3. You did, "contribute" financially to Tiger Athletics.
  4. Finally, Mr. Heitkamp's daughter is on a winning Lady Tiger Volleyball Team and evidently Mr H is a huge fan of the Lady Tiger Volleyball Team and Tiger Athletics in general. I say this alone qualifies you as an interested party.


You have the balls to respond; thanks for the joust. You also have my respect and while the initial email was addressed to many; the message is for a select few who will receive it from good, loyal, team players such as yourself.

Thank You

Anton

###
   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Anton,

I accept your apology. Please try to get your facts straight before you comment, so you don't have to apologize.

Danny Brooks
NOT a Board Member of ValueBank Texas
I have not attended a Carroll H.S. athletic event, nor contributed a dollar since my daughter graduated in 2000, hardly qualifying as a "huge" Tiger anything.

J Kenedeno wrote:
- Hide quoted text -
Mr Brooks,

I believe an apology is in order.


Regards,

Anton

PS:

I forgot to let you guys know that Danny Brooks is a Board Member of Value Bank and I understand he is a huge Tiger Supporter / Fan / Booster. Please Correct me if my information is in error.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Danny Brooks <dannyb@vbtex.com>
Date: Wed, May 7, 2008 at 10:01 AM
Subject: Carroll High School Issues
To: J Kenedeno <kenedeno@gmail.com>


Mr. Kenedeno,

I have no interest in the controversy.  However, I find it interesting that you say "Politics have no place in high school athletics"....yet, here comes LULAC & the GI Forum????

It seems to me that concerned parents should have some level of interest or concern, right or wrong, while letting the authorities make the decisions.  That to me is not politics.  But when outside political special interest groups like LULAC & the GI Forum get involved, that's all about politics.

Again, just an outsider's opinion, but you might consider rewording that "politics" statement.

Danny Brooks